Did You Say Pageviews? Is That One Word or Two?
July 20, 2018
Understanding your analytic report(s) can be like trying to translate Dothraki when you’ve never seen an episode of Game of Thrones.
At Quadsimia, we try to make them as easy to understand as possible, but sometimes the terms we use can be confusing.
Here’s a simple glossary you can use to help decipher your reports:
- Sessions: A session is the period of time a user is actively engaged with your site, app., etc. All usage data (Screen Views, Events, Ecommerce, etc.) is associated with a session.
- User(s): A visitor to your site that has had at least one session within the selected date range. Includes both new and returning users.
- Pageviews: The total number of pages viewed. Repeated views of a single page are also counted.
- Pages/Session: Pages/Session (Pages per Session) is the average number of pages viewed during a session. Repeated views of a single page are also counted.
- Landing Page: The pages through which visitors enter your site.
- Bounce Rate: The percentage of single-page visits (i.e. visits in which the person left your site from the entrance page without interacting with the page).
- New Visitor: The number of visitors who came to your site for the first time or without a Google cookie from their last visit.
- Google cookie: A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser by a website you visit. It helps the website to remember information about your visit, like your preferred language and other settings. That can make your next visit easier and the site more useful to you.
- Organic: Visitors who come to your site from unpaid organic or natural search engine results.
- Direct: Visits to your site where the user types a URL into the browser or when a visitor uses a bookmark to get to your site.
- Referral: Visits where the traffic was referred from another site.
The terms above are the main features you should be tracking and learning from in order to help improve your online presence and brand position.
How do you do that? Well… that’s where we come in.
Quadsimia can help you learn about and understand these reports on an in-depth level so you can make them work for you and your online goals.
Just reach out to your relationship manager and set a time to review your latest report and see how we can help improve your online experience.
We may even be able to teach you some Dothraki… ok, maybe not, but you should call us anyway.