Is Small Business Branding Important?
October 10, 2017
Is branding important when running a small business?
The answer is yes. No matter what type of business you run, it is always important to present yourself well to your customers and potential customers. Think about it. If you were hiring someone to do work in your home, who would you hire? The guy that shows up in a dirty old t-shirt and ripped pants or someone that shows up clean in a company logoed shirt. Remember – this person is going to be in your home where you and your family live.
That makes sense, but how do I get started?
- Start with a logo. A great logo can go a long way.
- Next, think about your brand’s message, not the tagline (that’s important too though), but how do you want to present your brand? What do you want potential customers to know about you and your business?
- The tagline – it should communicate who your brand is in a concise, easy to remember statement.
- Be consistent – develop templates for estimates, invoices and business cards.
- Get your brand out there. Social media is a great and inexpensive way to get your brands name out there. Not sure which platform is right for your business? Check out this blog post from our in house social media guru: https://www.quadsimia.com/tech-files/entry.php?id=28
Some simple things to keep in mind:
- When on a jobsite, you and your employees are always representing your brand. How do you want your brand represented? Remember word of mouth is still the best form of advertising. And with social media, word of mouth spreads even faster. No matter if you’re working in someone’s home or in a corporate setting, the way you’re dressed, the language you use and the condition you leave the worksite when you’re finished is all a representation of your brand.
- If driving a company vehicle, you’re representing your company brand. If you drive like a maniac, a potential customer may see you as reckless. Not a good professional trait.
- When in public in your company’s logoed attire, you are representing your brand. Keep that in mind if you hand out any of your logoed attire to family and friends. Will they be a good representation of the image you wish to present?
Need help getting started? Send me an email and our experts and I would be happy to help you get branded and noticed!